Simple, Low-carb Chocolate Zucchini Cake with Chocolate Glaze
Keto-Friendly Chocolate Zucchini Cake with Glaze
You won't believe how easy it is to throw together this rich, moist zucchini cake. The recipe makes plenty of portions, so it's great to bake on a Sunday afternoon and snack on throughout the week. The cake itself is based on almond flour, which can be substituted or mixed with coconut flour if you choose. Using zucchini in the cake gives it extra moisture and adds a little bit of texture to counteract the grittiness of almond flour. Eggs can be replaced with vegan egg replacer, and the baker's chocolate for the glaze can be replaced with vegan chips to make a completely vegan cake!
For the cake
- 2 cups of grated zucchini
- 3/4 cup of coconut oil
- 3/4 cup KetoGoods Allulose Syrup
- 1/4 cup KetoGoods Prebiotic Tapioca Fiber (optional, adds a little boost of sweetness and prebiotic dietary fiber to the recipe)
- 3 eggs or egg replacer
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups of almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
For the glaze
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 4 oz baker's chocolate (or unsweetened chips of your choice)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk (almond milk works too!)
- Sweetener of your choice, of course we used our own Allulose Syrup!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease pan of your choice (we used a bundt pan!)
- Shred your zucchini with a grater. Be sure to squeeze out any excess water using paper towels, Place shredded zucchini in a colander and let sit above a bowl or the sink to allow remaining water to drip out.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix your almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until even.
- Make sure your coconut oil is melted. Add to a medium mixing bowl with your KetoGoods Syrups. Mix thoroughly.
- Add your eggs, vanilla extract and coconut milk to the sweetener/oil mixture. Mix until it is smooth.
- Slowly add your wet ingredients to the dry ones, mixing throughout.
- Squeeze your zucchini out one last time before adding it to the batter. Be sure to mix together thoroughly.
- Pour into your greased bundt pan.
- Bake the cake for 40-50 minutes, or until a fork/toothpick comes out clean.
Making your glaze
- Pour coconut oil and baker's chocolate into a small saucepan. Warm on medium heat, until the chips begin to melt
- Slowly whisk in your coconut milk until the mixture is smooth.
- If using baker's chocolate, you'll need to add sweetener. Add sweetener of your choice to taste. If using sweetened chips, you can skip this step.
- Allow your cake to cool for about 10 minutes before adding the glaze. Refrigerate and serve cool!
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 200
- Fat: 19g
- Carbs: 16g
- Fiber: 3g
- Allulose: 8g
- NET CARBS (carbs - fiber - allulose): 5g
- Protein: 4g